Meet the ID.4
Built locally in Chattanooga, TN the ID.4 SUV is truly something to behold. On the outside, clean aerodynamic lines make for a striking presence on the road. On the inside, plenty of room makes for a spacious, comfortable cabin–it will transform how you think about electric cars. Best of all, it comes loaded with value.
- Schedule A Test Drive
Schedule A Test Drive
The ID.4 is unlike anything you’ve experienced before, to schedule your test drive, complete the form below. One of our salespeople will contact you shortly to confirm the time and date.
Reserve the ID.4
Now being built locally in Chattanooga, TN, the ID.4 comes in a new entry level version and price point. Explore the world of your new EV and follow the progress of your custom build.
Explore the world of your new EV and follow the progress of your custom build.
Track your new ID.4 as it travels from the factory and arrives at your local dealer via My ID.4 Reservation.
Once you’ve reserved and ordered your ID.4, you’ll be able to view your configuration on My ID.4 Reservation and at participating dealers.
Manage your ID.4 Reservation on our portal. Find info on the building process, progress of your vehicle, and EV lifestyle tips.
Once your ID.4 is available for pick up, you’ll be invited to complete your financing at your local dealer.
The strong, silent type.
- Instant Torque
The addition of all-wheel-drive in a typical SUV helps give the driver more traction. But the Volkswagen ID.4 is anything but typical.
Available all-wheel-drive means getting a second electric motor at the front wheels–giving you quicker acceleration and intelligent handling that distributes all that power where it’s needed most.
Electric doesn’t have to mean sacrifice.
Not to worry, rev-heads, the ID.4 delivers on exhilaration... and then some. From the moment you hit the pedal, you'll feel the instant torque. And while acceleration is much quieter than a combustion engine, we can't promise you won't break the silence with a few oohs and ahhs. This EV shatters expectations, even when it comes to fun.
- The Charger Infrastructure
- DC Fast Charging
The Charger Infrastructure
45,000+ chargers nationwide9
Public charging is a great option when you’re on-the-go, and with an ever-growing network of more than 45,000 chargers nationwide2, it’s a convenient one too.
DC Fast Charging
Have charge will travel
The 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 will come with three years of 30-minute charging sessions at Electrify America’s nationwide network of DC fast-charging stations3. Stay tuned for more details.
Electrify America expects to have more than 1,700 charging stations, with over 9,500 chargers by the end of 2025, along major highways and cross-country routes, keeping you charged on road trips.
Electric now looks as good as it feels.
- Glass Roof
It’s hard not to notice the striking silhouette the ID.4 creates with its clean lines and aerodynamic elements. You want it all, and the ID.4 has it, because we didn’t sacrifice when creating an EV SUV that offers both form and function.
Get a new view
This expansive panoramic fixed glass roof lets the light in, providing a sweeping view of the sky. It can help keep the light out too, thanks to an electric sunshade that’s prompted with the swipe of your finger.
A brighter future
Talk about a glow up–with LED taillights, and illuminated door handles, the ID.4 practically radiates. And with the Pro S, available Premium LED projector headlights and a beautifully illuminated front Volkswagen logo and light bar adds a touch of style to its face.
- Intuitive Start
Getting where you need to go just got a lot easier. Enter: IQ.DRIVE, Advanced Drivers Assistance Technology featuring hands-on semi-autonomous capability. Includes a set of intelligent features designed to help you navigate the road ahead.4
- Travel Assist
- Lane Assist
- Front Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Emergency Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor (Side Assist)
- Rear Traffic Alert
Car talk reimagined
Think of the ID.Light as the way your ID.4 communicates with you. An intuitive light bar that runs across the dashboard, the ID.Light uses glowing visual and acoustic cues to telegraph incoming calls, brake warnings, charge status and more.
Ready to DriveThe ID.4 senses your presence and intuitively starts when you have your key fob and you sit in the driver’s seat, “waking up” automatically. Screens blink on, and the car is ready for the road. Just put your foot on the brake, twist to Drive and you’re off!
Media & Touchscreen Displays
12" Touchscreen Display
Your central hub for your drive, this touchscreen with voice control is equipped with smart features like interactive navigation, climate control and more. So you can get where you're going, and stay comfortable along the way.
Remote & Connected Features
Supercharge your Volkswagen EV
To enhance your driving experience, we’ve equipped your VW EV with several features, such as wireless phone charging5. And to access even more functions including Plus Nav EV6 and Plus Speech EV7, both at no additional cost for three years, just activate Car-Net with your myVW app.
Take your apps for a ride.
To start App-Connect8, simply connect your compatible smartphone wirelessly to have your select apps appear on the Volkswagen touchscreen display of your ID.4.
Put convenient tools and information at your fingertips.Enjoy these features:
- Service reminders9, scheduling & history10
- Maintenance schedules9 & 11
- Roadside assistance requests12
Plus, get remote commands and more when you activate VW Car-Net13:
- Remote Battery Charging14
- Remote Climate Controls14
- Charging Station Locator15
- Starting MSRP of 37,495 for a 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 Standard with single-speed automatic transmission. Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
- Source: US Department of Energy Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- DC-FAST CHARGING 3 years of included charging on the Model Year 2023 ID.4 vehicle begins upon vehicle purchase. Non-transferable. Not available for commercial use, such as ridesharing. Requires Electrify America mobile app, account, enrollment in 2023 ID.4 Charging Plan, acceptance of Plan Disclosure, and $10 deposit to pre-fund Idle Fees and charging after 30 minutes. User is responsible for Idle Fees, which apply beginning 10 minutes after charge session stops or vehicle reaches full charge. After the initial 30 minutes of each applicable session, charging continues uninterrupted at then-current Electrify America Pass pricing. There is a 60-minute wait-period between charging sessions in which you receive the complimentary 30 minutes of charging under this promotion. In the event of suspected fraud or abuse or other unforeseen events, Volkswagen of America may discontinue or modify the offer in its sole discretion. Frequent and consecutive charging can permanently decrease battery capacity, which may not be covered by your vehicle’s warranty.
- Driver Assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. See Owner's Manual for further details and important limitations.
- Wireless charging requires compatible device.
- Requires vehicle to be equipped with MIB3 infotainment system with navigation, acceptance of VW Car-Net Terms of Service, and vehicle cellular and GPS connectivity.
- Requires vehicle to be equipped with MIB3 infotainment system with navigation, acceptance of VW Car-Net Terms of Service, and vehicle cellular and GPS connectivity. Available voice control functions vary based on vehicle equipment.
- Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. Not all features available on all operating systems. Standard text and data usage rates apply. App-Connect features require compatible device, operating system, and mobile apps. See mobile device and app providers for terms and privacy.
- Volkswagen highly recommends that a maintenance service be performed every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first. Actual recommended service intervals and scheduled maintenance services vary based on vehicle model, model year, and mileage. See your Volkswagen dealer, warranty & maintenance booklet, and/or VW Care Terms and Conditions for details.
- Service history is available as long as work was performed since January 2014 at a participating Volkswagen dealership.
- Requires myVW mobile app. Standard text and data rates may apply.
- Roadside Call Assist connects you to a Roadside Call Assist third-party provider and may require additional payment for services rendered.
- Available on MY21 and newer ID.4 vehicles. Always pay careful attention to the road and do not drive while distracted. Certain services require trial or paid subscriptions, which may have their own terms and conditions. VW Car-Net Remote Access EV requires a VW ID, myVW app, and myVW Account, cellular connectivity, network compatible hardware, availability of vehicle GPS signal, and acceptance of Terms of Service. Not all services and features are available on all vehicles and some features may require the most recent software update. Certain Car-Net services may connect out to 3rd party providers that may require additional payment. Standard text and data rates may apply for app and web features. See Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, and other important information at www.vw.com/carnet.
- Requires myVW mobile app and acceptance of Car-Net Terms of Service. Standard text and data rates may apply.
- Charging station location information provided by a 3rd Party. Volkswagen is not responsible for accuracy of location or charger availability for any charging station shown.